Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthdays!

Last week was birthday week in the Crispin house.  Caden's and my birthdays are 2 days apart, so we get a few days straight of celebrating.  :)
Caden turned 3, which has got to be the most fun birthday with kids because it is really the first year that they really get that it is their birthday!  Caden was hilarious all day long (as usual!)

Can you tell the kid loves Buzz Lightyear?  He got to pick out the birthday decor.

Ethan is always excited for birthdays too, regardless of whose it is, because it means he gets cake.

And would someone please tell me how it is that my one year old already knows how to do a cheesy fake smile?

This boy really only wanted the icing.

Everyone wanted in on unwrapping the presents.

All in all a good birthday for Caden.  


Caden's birthday was on Thursday.  On Friday, we headed up to my mom's to drop off the kids so we could have a night out for my birthday.  We stayed in a hotel and actually got to sleep in (for the first time in almost 5 years!)  We also ordered room service for breakfast.  I have decided that breakfast in bed in a hotel is the way to go.  That way someone else gets to clean the crumbs out of the sheets.  :)  We then headed back to my mom's where the boys and Grandma had made me this:
Can you tell who colored which letters?  

My mom also made me this for my birthday:
It is an African tree made out of African mahogany.  My mom is getting really good at woodworking.  She just got her second saw and has been making all sorts of cool stuff.  She made Caden three animal puzzles for his birthday.  You should check out her Etsy site here:    http://www.etsy.com/shop/glrivera2004?ref=pr_shop_more

We have our USCIS fingerprint appointments on Thursday!  I can't wait.  It is our last step before the waitlist!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment