Sunday, December 5, 2010

Making Progress

We are making progress!!!  We still have a lot of work to do, but the week of Thanksgiving we sent in ALL of our agency paperwork.  We got an email last week saying they had received everything and requested our home study and that we should get a call from the social worker within 30 days to schedule the home study appointment.  I figured it would probably be a couple of weeks before we heard from them and that the appointment wouldn't actually take place until January or February, but we got a phone call the very next morning!!!  Our home study is scheduled for December 30!!!!  I just didn't think they would fit us in so quickly with Christmas and New Year's and everything coming up.  We are really excited to say the least.
We also sent off our fingerprints for our FBI clearances last week.  We still have quite a bit of work to do on our dossier before we are completely done with paperwork, but it is definitely nice to make some major progress.
Here are some pics we took of the boys with the FedEx pack as we sent it off to our agency.
Ethan is super excited.  Every time I mention to him that we are doing something that has something to do with the adoption, he asks if we are going to get the babies now.  :)  He thinks it is about time we go pick them up.  And yes, that's right, he only says "babies."  He even corrects me if I say baby and says "No Mommy, baby means there is only one.  There is more than one."  We will see if he is right.  (One time he told me we were getting 10, because we needed 5 more boys and 5 more girls.  I had to assure him that this time there would be no more than 2!)  That kid cracks me up.
Caden is still not entirely certain why we are so excited about this envelope.  We talk a lot about the baby, but he doesn't completely get it.  I think he will catch on when we get our referral and have an actual face to go with all of this talk.  He was happy to smile for a picture for mommy though.  :)
I couldn't leave you without a picture of Abbie and her newest trick.  She is not walking quite yet, but she is standing really well.  Isn't she cute?  I think so. :)  I can't believe that she is already 11 months old! This is going by entirely too fast.  She needs to slow down on all this growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment